One of the things we want to do here on the Grandmas with Heart blog is to let you know about resources and opportunities for you which will equip and encourage you to hand down the faith to your grandchildren. So, today I am very happy to let you know about two opportunities for you to hear from John Stonestreet (president - The Colson Center) and Larry Fowler (president - Legacy Coalition). John and Larry will be discussing "Four Big Cultural Shifts and How to Help the Next Generation Navigate Them" and "The Amazing Influence of a Grandparent", respectively, on Wednesday, August 1, 2018 from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM EDT in Petoskey, Michigan and Thursday, August 2, 2018 from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM EDT, in Traverse City, Michigan.
Register today at https:christiangrandparentingtc2018.eventbrite.com! or contact Jeff Rogers at 616-450-5117 or firstname.lastname@example.org to hear how you are able to grandparent on purpose and make a real and lasting difference in the lives of your grandchildren. At these events you will hear about -
- The Amazing Influence of a Grandparent from Larry Fowler, President, Legacy Coalition. He will share how having a strategy is a critical element in being an intentional grandparent. In this session, you’ll learn why targeting the heart is so important and then--from the ministry of Jesus--how to become more effective in impacting your grandchildren’s hearts.
- Four Big Cultural Shifts and How to Help the Next Generation Navigate Them from John Stonestreet the President of the Colson Center for Christian Worldview. If we want the next generation to trust Christ no matter the situation, it matters how they see us responding to our rapidly changing culture. In this session you will gain understanding of the world in which your grandkids live, how you are able to communicate with them, and together with them build a legacy of hope.
- Q & A with Larry and John - they will answer questions giving helpful and practical insight on issues facing grandparents today.
- Registration: $25 per couple; $15 per individual.
- “I started a prayer journal and have been praying for my grandkids daily.” —Steve F.
- “I have had a chance to share my personal testimony with my grandkids.” —Nancy J
- “I felt convicted during the conference. My wife and I moved across six states to live near our grandchildren and are loving it.” —Steve V