Just look at some of the many, wonderful, amazing promises from God . . .
- Exodus 14:14 - The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still.
- Isaiah 40:29 - He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.
- Isaiah 40:31 - But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
- Isaiah 43:2 - When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.
- Isaiah 54:10 - Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed, says the LORD, who has compassion on you.
- James 1:5 - If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.
- James 4:7 - Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
- 1 John 1:9 - If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.
- Jeremiah 29:11 - "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
- John 3:16 - For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Don't these promises fill your heart with hope and joy on this Monday morning! And, not only do each and every one of these promises apply to you, they apply to your children and grandchildren as well!
So, take heart today! Choose a promise for each of your children and grandchildren, write them on sticky notes and mail them to them - ask them to put it where they will see it throughout their day to be reminded of God's wonderful promise to them. Then, choose just one more of these promises for yourself and jot it on a sticky note - put it where you will see it throughout the day and take heart! God loves you! He has never made a promise which was too good to be true - for you and those you love!
#grandmas #handingdownthefaith #itmatterswhatwedo#grandparentingonpurpose