Now, while he is talking about ministry in churches, think about what you just saw/heard in relation to you and your grandchildren. Consider the following . . .
- Media - movies, television, books, internet and music are five powerful influences in our lives and in the lives of the children we love.
- The messages from these sources of media remain in our minds and heart and shape the way we all think, believe and behave.
- Family and public policy also shape what we think, believe and how we behave.
- The typical family has almost no spiritual life together - they may go to church together, but to their "own" areas of the church for ministry.
- In the home, where families spend the most time together, faith is not an essential part of their time together.