I love this, "way to praise a child" . . . God knew what He was doing when He created you! Consider sharing this truth with them in the following ways . . .
- Tell them - frequently.
- Mail them a note or letter where you share specific things about them, some of the great things God did for them when He created them.
- Fix their favorite meal and have everyone share something special about your grandchild which they notice and appreciate (give siblings a heads up and encourage them to think of something positive).
- Share a favorite photo of them when they were younger and talk about some of the amazing things you have noticed about them as they grew older.
- Share Jeremiah 29:11 and encourage them with the truth about how God has good plans for them; plans which give them hope and a future!
- Be sure what you are saying is accurate - do not exaggerate or they will know it and won't believe you.
- Be generous with expressing your love - the little ones are little for such a short time and what you say and do will stay with them forever! Plus your older grandchildren may very well be dealing with bullies and/or feeling unsure about themselves with the pressures and stresses in their lives.
- Your grandchildren benefit greatly from sincere praise which is shared enthusiastically and honestly from their grandma (and grandpa/parents).