If you, or your grown child, is a single parent, then clearly Linda's book, the single parent: confident and successful, is an obvious "fit". But, if like me, you are not a single parent and neither are your grown children, do not think this book is not for you - or for them. It absolutely is. As I read this book I learned much about how I will be better able to confidently and successfully hand faith to my grandchildren - and grown children as well. I am very happy to recommend, the single parent: confident and successful, to all parents and grandparents.
the single parent: confident and successful
Author - Linda Ranson Jacobs
Publisher - BethanyHouse
Favorite Features -
- Linda shares not only her own, "story", but her heart
- True accounts from single parents bring the truths Linda shares to life
- Each chapter ends with a, "Going Deeper" section with questions, Scripture and space to journal to help you think through and apply what you are learning
- Solid truth and encouragement for single parents and all parents/grandparents
- It is filled with truth which is usable and will make a difference in our lives and the lives of the generations who follow
The Single Parent will encourage you in your journey and help avert problems before they arise. It is filled with wise counsel, biblical truth, and real-life stories--the author's own as well as those of the many single moms and dads who have come across her path through the years. It will help you bolster your abilities in such areas as
· improving your child's behavior
· negotiating boundaries
· graciously seeking and accepting help from others
· trusting God in the process
God cares for the single parent and will provide for you and your children. Let this book give you the tools you need as you walk with Him in this journey."