We are talking about how these experiments remind us of how when we make the choice to love, know and walk with God, our lives will have many surprises and His joy will flow - or explode - out of us!
If you would like to try any of these experiments with your grandchildren, you will need the following supplies . . .
- Paper lunch bag - one per child
- 16oz Diet Coke - one per child - must be Diet Coke
- One package Mentos - one per child
- 1/2 cup peroxide - per child
- 1 T yeast - per child
- 3 T warm water - per child
- Food coloring
- Squirt dish soap - per child
- Watermelon - one for all of you to work on
- at least 300-400 3 1/2" rubber bands
- Safety glasses - insist they wear them - especially with the melon project
Set out the supplies - I suggest outside as they do make a mess. We started with the Diet Coke and Mentos experiment, so they were able to reuse the empty, and rinsed out bottles for the elephant toothpaste experiment. Put the mentos into the soda and stand back!
Rinse bottles add peroxide, food coloring and soap, then mix yeast and warm water and add to bottle - stand back!
Set watermelon on a table and take turns putting rubber bands around the water melon - try to keep rubber bands in the middle of the melon. Continue - takes about ten to twenty minutes depending on the melon and how well the children put the rubber bands in the middle. It will "explode"!
Talk about how when they love, know and walk with God, His joy will come "exploding" out of them!
Post a Comment