- Make praying for your grandchildren a primary part of your day. Whenever they come to mind, pray for them. Pray they will come to know, love and walk with God! Pray they will want to show God's love to others by the way they share, speak and give to others! Pray they will know God's joy! Pray they will learn the "whys" for our faith and will hold tightly to it throughout their lives. There are so many things to pray about, so we need to make praying for our grandchildren a primary part of our day!
- Always, always, ALWAYS when you do see them, greet them with a big smile and hug! Allow them to see how you delight in spending time with them!
- If you "see" your grandchildren via tech - facetime, hangout, or just over the phone, be sure they are able to "see"/hear your big smile and your delight in being able to spend time with them over the phone or through tech.
- Be sure they hear you thank God for them . . . often!
- Listen to them. Pay attention to them . . . know when they are happy and when they are sad. Ask questions, so they know you care about the things which make them happy and the things which make them sad.
- Pray with them - in person and through tech.
- Celebrate with them . . . make a big deal of birthdays - allow them to choose the menu for their birthday - Christmas, graduations, when special things happen - such as when a sports team wins or a choir sings . . . pretty much any opportunity to celebrate, be sure to celebrate with enthusiasm!!!
Wednesday, August 28, 2019
Seven Ideas for Showing Our Love
As grandmas, (and grandpas, too) we certainly want everything we do and say to cause our grandchildren to "feel" our love. But, how do we do this - especially when they may not live where we see them in person every day? Consider the following . . .
Welcome to "Grandmas with Heart"! We (Linda Ranson Jacobs, Debbie Guinn, Joani Schultz, Sherry Schumann, Nohemi Murray, Cathy Ja...
Recently during my grandsons' weekly sleepover I made cookies. My youngest grandson "sneaked" a fresh baked cookie and said;...
A few days ago I shared the link where you will find Deeper In 4 Grandparents & Parents, Too! Praying the Scriptures for the Children Yo...
Linda Ransom Jacobs is one of our "Grandmas with Heart". You may know her from DC4K - Divorce Care 4 Kids. This morning she sent m...