This week the news is reporting on how the people who survived Dorian are now being relocated and removed to safe places as there is no clean water, power, food, shelter on what remains of the Island. It is heartbreaking to hear of the missing and dead. Certainly we will continue to pray for the people of the Bahamas.
Our grandchildren may ask us why God allowed those islands in the Bahamas to be obliterated and kept the hurricane off the coast of the USA. We have to tell them the truth - we do not know. There are many things in this life which we do not know. We do not know what next week, or tomorrow, or the next hour will bring our way or into the lives of the ones we love. While we may be sitting safe and sound in our homes, with plenty of clean water, power and food now, there are no guarantees in this life; except for God and His faithful, never ending love for us, the ones we love and for the people in the Bahamas and around the world. As David Jeremiah said; "He is sure."
Today I thought I'd share with you some passages from the Bible which assure us of God's faithful, never-ending love . . .
- Isaiah 41:10 - Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
- Romans 8:35-38 - Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword? As it is written, “For your sake we are being killed all the day long; we are regarded as sheep to be slaughtered.” No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.
- Jeremiah 31:3 - The Lord appeared to him from far away. I have loved you with an everlasting love; therefore I have continued my faithfulness to you.
- Zephaniah 3:17 - The Lord your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing.
- Revelation 21:4 - He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.