But the Lord's faithful love is from forever ago to forever from now for those who honor Him. And God's righteousness reaches to the grandchildren.Yes, God specifically tells us in His Word His faithful love is for and reaches to our grandchildren! Definitely one of my favorite verses.
I love how God describes His love as, "faithful". Dictionary (dot) com defines the word "faithful" as;
- strict or thorough in the performance of duty: a faithful worker.
- true to one's word, promises, vows, etc.
- steady in allegiance or affection; loyal; constant: faithful friends.
- reliable, trusted, or believed.
- adhering or true to fact, a standard, or an original; accurate
When we tell our grandchildren - and grown children - God loves them, we are able to do so with absolute confidence. And, God's faithful love gives us a clear example for how we are to love the ones God has given to us - we are to love with a faithful love which is steady, constant, reliable, trusted, a standard and one which does not give up.
#grandmas #handingdownthefaith #itmatterswhatwedo #grandparentingonpurpose