- Paper lunch bags - one per child
- Clear glass or plastic containers - one per child
- 1/4 cup unpopped popping corn per child
- Water - enough to just about fill your containers
- 2 Tablespoons baking soda per child
- 6 Tablespoons white vinegar per child
- Ask your grandchildren if they have ever experienced when someone says kind things to them - let them share.
- Then ask if they have experienced anyone ever saying unkind things to them . . . or saw someone else who experienced this.
- Read the following verses and talk about what they are saying
- Proverbs 21:23
- Proverbs 12:18
Lead your grandchildren in putting water and baking soda into their container - have them stir until baking soda is dissolved then let them add popcorn. Ask them what the popcorn is doing - just sitting on the bottom of the container. Talk about how unkind words or actions cause harm to others and may leave them feeling sad about themselves for years.
- Proverbs 15:4
- James 3:8
Have them add the vinegar and watch what happens - the popcorn will "hop" or rise up and down - for as long as an hour! Talk about how when we use words which are kind and loving we are able to help build others up and give them - and us - joy!
Challenge your grandchildren to be people who use words which show love and kindness to others.
#grandmas #handingdownthefaith #itmatterswhatwedo #grandparentingonpurpose