- Praying Deeper Through the Psalms for Children is unique in two ways; first, it is specifically written and developed for children ages four through 14 to help them learn to pray by praying the Psalms back to God and secondly, my grandsons collaborated with me on developing, writing this book and by providing most of the illustrations! This book will help your grandchildren learn to become people who pray and will give you wonderful ways to connect with them as you have important conversations which matter. You will find more information about it at this link.
- With Praying Deeper Through the Psalms for Grandparents & , you will find 52 weeks of Scripture prayers which guide you in praying specifically for God's Word to be shown in your own life and the lives of the children you love! Each week begins with a new Scripture, personalized prayer and questions to consider. Then each day for the coming week, you will be able to pray a portion of the verse/prayer for yourself and your grandchildren/children. This focus on praying God's Word for yourself and your grandchildren/ children will give you the opportunity to do something. Something which makes a difference. Pray! You will find more information about it at this link.
- In Prayers that Stir the Hearts of Grandparents, Sherry With each prayer Sherry provides lined journal space, so you are able to listen to the prompting of the Spirit and personalize the prayers with the names of the ones you love and anything the Spirit may be nudging you to pray about for them as well. You will find more information about it at this link.
- It is estimated there are over 30 million Christian grandparents Grandparenting with a Purpose, Effective Ways to Pray for Your Grandchildren is designed to encourage and equip grandparents to intentionally pray for their grandchildren and their parents. You will find more information about it at this link.
- "Praying with Purpose" answers the question, "How do we move from vague to victorious prayers?"We all know prayer is important, even vital, but if we’re honest, we may get caught between life’s seemingly endless demands and our intentions to pray specifically and consistently for the people in our lives. On many occasions we succumb to praying the vague, "Dear Lord, please be with my children today," or "God, help my loved ones have a good day." In Praying with Purpose, Deborah Haddix provides a practical resource for helping readers become more intentional in their prayers. You will find more information about it at this link.
Saturday, November 16, 2019
Books & Resources to Help You Pray - Christmas Gifts Which Make a Difference
Over the past couple weeks, we have been sharing books/resources which will help you - and the ones you love - become, or grow, as prayer warriors. They are essential additions to your "tool kit" and will help you hand down the faith intentionally. They are also excellent choices to give as gifts to the people you know and love. These books have been written/ designed by a number of our Grandmas with Heart and a couple additional grandmas we know; we are very happy to let you know about these books.
#grandmas #handingdownthefaith #itmatterswhatwedo #grandparentingonpurpose
As you are able to see, there are excellent books available to help you pray intentionally and help your grandchildren to do the same. These books are essential for your intentional grandparenting/ parenting and many were written by grandmas! Definitely consider getting these for yourself - they will not just sit on a book shelf after you read them, as they are filled with information you will want to refer to again and again - and for the grandchildren, grandparents, parents and church leaders you know.
Welcome to "Grandmas with Heart"! We (Linda Ranson Jacobs, Debbie Guinn, Joani Schultz, Sherry Schumann, Nohemi Murray, Cathy Ja...
Recently during my grandsons' weekly sleepover I made cookies. My youngest grandson "sneaked" a fresh baked cookie and said;...
A few days ago I shared the link where you will find Deeper In 4 Grandparents & Parents, Too! Praying the Scriptures for the Children Yo...
Linda Ransom Jacobs is one of our "Grandmas with Heart". You may know her from DC4K - Divorce Care 4 Kids. This morning she sent m...