I have had many, many grandparents and parents over my 43 years in Children's Ministry tell me they would hand down the faith, but they just do not know how to do it. Over the past two weeks I have shared with you books/resources which are written/designed to help you grow in your own walk with God and which equip you to know how to hand down the faith; today I am happy to draw attention to the books on our Christmas Gifts Which Make a Difference list which will do this for you.
- The DNA of Grandparents & Parents Who Hand Down the Faith. In this book I look at how just as our physical DNA provides the code for how our bodies develop, live and reproduce, our "Faith and Prayer DNA" give us the code or instructions which help us learn to develop a strong walk of faith, live as people who believe and reproduce by handing down to our children and our children's children a strong and healthy walk of faith in a way which will positively impact the generations who come behind you. You will find more information about it at this link.
- the single parent: confident and successful is written by one of our "Grandmas" - Linda Ranson Jacobs and while it was specifically written for single parents/grandparents, it is filled with wisdom about handing down the faith making the single parent: confident and successful a great gift for any and all parents and grandparents - single or not. You will find more information about it at this link.
- In Don't Worry; It is Impossible to Spoil Grandchildren, I write about how important it is to hand down a heritage of faith to our grandchildren. I write about not being afraid to love our grandchildren with our all - we will NOT spoil them if we do. You will find more information about it at this link.
- Pass the Legacy - 7 Keys for Grandparents Making a Difference was written by one of our Grandmas with Heart - Cathy Jacobs. In it she unpacks seven basic keys for grandparents to follow in pointing their loved ones towards Jesus Christ. It also offers numerous practical methods for influencing grandchildren and grown children for the Lord. You will find more information about it at this link.
- CourageousGrandparentingis a call for grandparents and parents to rise above the conventional view of grandparenting to embrace a radically courageous life which builds a faith legacy worth outliving you. It’s a call to intentionality—not settling for simply being good parents and grandparents, but choosing to be Gospel-shaped parents and grandparents who serve as conduits of grace and truth for the next generations. Cavin Harper provides the biblical foundation and practical applications of the roles parents and grandparents are expected to play in their families, so another generation will know, love and serve Christ with their whole being. You will find more information about it at this link.
- Grandparents have a vital role in the lives of their Extreme Grandparenting helps readers understand how to make the most of the new role of grandparent and how to grow the next generation for greatness. You will find more information about it at this link.
- And finally, in Long-Distance Grandparenting you'll learn to make the most of the opportunities you do have to connect with your grandchildren, including using technology to keep your relationship strong and taking advantage of the time you have together. But going beyond your relationship with your grandkids, this book emphasizes something which matters even more--your grandchild's relationship with God. Find the encouragement and guidance to connect with your grandchildren and invest in their faith like never before!You will find more information about it at this link.