Linda Ransom Jacobs is one of our Grandmas with Heart. She is the founder of Divorce Care 4 Kids and she wrote the following; "Did you know children who show appreciation are overall happier and have better attitudes, because they feel better about themselves? So bring on the gratefulness." (You will be able to read an article Linda wrote about this at the following link.)
Whether the children you love have gone through the divorce of their parents, or not, helping them become people who show appreciation, people who are truly grateful and thankful, is about handing down the faith, but it is also something we do to help them have a better and more fulfilling life.
So this Thanksgiving, be sure to talk about the many ways, big and small, God has blessed you. Give your grandchildren the opportunity to do the same. Then, sit down with them and think of ways they are able to show their thankfulness in the coming month. Maybe they could . . .
- Earn money by selling cookies, or ornaments and use the money to buy bunnies or ducks for a ministry to give to families in need around the world.
- Maybe they could shovel snow and then use the money to help others in need in their community by buying boxed/canned food and donate to a local food pantry.
- Perhaps they could find an Angel Tree in a local store and buy a gift for a child in need.
- They could use the money to buy ingredients and then bake bread or cookies or pies to give to neighbors who are shut-in.
- They could send the money to a missionary family supported by your church.
#grandmas #handingdownthefaith #itmatterswhatwedo#grandparentingonpurpose