Now, while he is talking about ministry in churches, think about what you just saw/heard in relation to you and your grandchildren. Consider the following . . .
- Media - movies, television, books, internet and music are five powerful influences in our lives and in the lives of the children we love.
- The messages from these sources of media remain in our minds and heart and shape the way we all think, believe and behave.
- Family and public policy also shape what we think, believe and how we behave.
- The typical family has almost no spiritual life together - they may go to church together, but once there, they head to their "own" areas of the church for ministry.
- In the home, where families spend the most time together, faith is not an essential part of their time together.
This is why we Grandmas with Heart, post to this blog at least twice a day, every day. We want to provide information, ideas and resources to equip, empower and encourage you to hand down the faith. On this blog you will find many free resources as well as resources available for you to buy and use as you hand down the faith. Please make Grandmas with Heart part of what you use to equip yourself to hand down the faith. Please fill your "tool kit" with resources we recommend. Please help spread the word, so the grandparents and parents you know are able to do the same.
We do not have to feel overwhelmed and defeated by the media influence in the lives of the ones we love. We are able to influence them to want to know, love and walk with God. We just have to be intentional about equipping ourselves and then handing down the faith.