- Psalm 145:4 - One generation shall commend your works to another, and shall declare your mighty acts.
- Deuteronomy 4:9 - Only take care, and keep your soul diligently, lest you forget the things that your eyes have seen, and lest they depart from your heart all the days of your life. Make them known to your children and your children's children.
- Psalm 78 - We will not hide them from their children, but tell to the coming generation the glorious deeds of the Lord, and his might, and the wonders that he has done.
- Psalm 71:18 - So even to old age and gray hairs, O God, do not forsake me, until I proclaim your might to another generation, your power to all those to come.
- Proverbs 22:6 - Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it.
Of course, doing this we will also model to them what it looks like to love God and all others, we will be people who live the Fruit of the Spirit, we will show them how to care about and help the poor, children, widows, refugees, immigrants and those in need. We will model a faith which is real. We will help them be people who know how to talk with God for themselves and doing these things will make a difference as when we do, we will be handing down the faith as we train them in the way they should go, so they learn to do the same.
Shout for joy to the , all the earth. Worship the with gladness; come before him with joyful songs. Know that the is God.Enter his gates with thanksgivingFor the is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations.#grandmas #handingdownthefaith #itmatterswhatwedo #grandparentingonpurpose