- Hugs! Of course hugs are a great way to show love to grandchildren; as are kisses!
- Show love. I show my love to my grandsons by the way I interact with them. I want to be certain they see how I love them, because I want them to know my love is true.
- Greet with a smile, a twinkle in my eye and hug - I want my grandsons to know I'm always so happy to see them!
- Give them my full attention. I put aside what I'm doing - unless I truly am not able to do so and then give them my attention as soon as possible - to listen to what my grandsons want to tell me. I want them to know I am interested in the things they are interested in and want to hear whatever it is they want to tell me. True, many of these things are not "earth-shattering", but if my grandsons want to tell me something, I want to listen.
- I say it. I tell them I love them. I say this freely and often.
Friday, January 10, 2020
My Top Five Ways to Show Love to Grandchildren!
Grandmas - or grandpas/parents - and "love" go hand-in-hand and showing this love to our sweet grandchildren just comes naturally, but today I thought I'd take a minute or two and write about my Top Five Ways to Show Love to My Grandchildren!
Welcome to "Grandmas with Heart"! We (Linda Ranson Jacobs, Debbie Guinn, Joani Schultz, Sherry Schumann, Nohemi Murray, Cathy Ja...
Recently during my grandsons' weekly sleepover I made cookies. My youngest grandson "sneaked" a fresh baked cookie and said;...
A few days ago I shared the link where you will find Deeper In 4 Grandparents & Parents, Too! Praying the Scriptures for the Children Yo...
Linda Ransom Jacobs is one of our "Grandmas with Heart". You may know her from DC4K - Divorce Care 4 Kids. This morning she sent m...