- Do not fail to greet grandchildren with smiles, hugs and "I love yous". Stop whatever you are doing to greet your grandchildren when they come to your house - or you go to their home - so they know you are truly happy to see them!
- Do not forget while the very important thing your grandchild wants to tell you may not actually be earth-shattering, if it is important to them, it is essential for you to put down what you are doing - especially smart phones, computers and other forms of technology, make eye-contact and listen with both ears - and your whole heart.
- Do not forget to share with your grandchildren your joy in knowing and walking with God! Tell them the great things God has done for you, so they will know and remember. Help them watch for how God works in their lives and help them remember.
- Do not fail to point your grandchildren to God . . . it is essential for your grandchildren to know how much you love them, but it is ever so much more important for them to know God loves them!
- Do not fail to faithfully pray for your grandchildren. There are things you are able to do to help them, but there are also things you are not able to do. God is able - and willing - to do everything which needs to be done. Do not underestimate Him. Tell them how God answers your prayers and be sure to pray with your grandchildren about the things which matter to them.
Tuesday, January 14, 2020
The Top Five "Do-Not's" for Grandparents
When it comes to being grandma - or grandpa - there are so many wonderful things we get to do; things which bring us joy . . . and sometimes hugs, kisses, snuggles, "I love yous" and memories we treasure, too! But, there are also things we must be careful not to do, so today I'm sharing with you my Top Five "Do-Not's" for Grandparents.
Welcome to "Grandmas with Heart"! We (Linda Ranson Jacobs, Debbie Guinn, Joani Schultz, Sherry Schumann, Nohemi Murray, Cathy Ja...
Recently during my grandsons' weekly sleepover I made cookies. My youngest grandson "sneaked" a fresh baked cookie and said;...
A few days ago I shared the link where you will find Deeper In 4 Grandparents & Parents, Too! Praying the Scriptures for the Children Yo...
Linda Ransom Jacobs is one of our "Grandmas with Heart". You may know her from DC4K - Divorce Care 4 Kids. This morning she sent m...