As you walk through the valley of the unknown, you will find the footprints of Jesus both in front of you and beside you.God has promised to never leave us and He always keeps His promises. Just look at these verses . . .
- Deuteronomy 31:8 - It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed.
- Hebrews 13:5 - He has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”
- Joshua 1:9 - Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.
- Isaiah 41:10 - Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
- Matthew 28:20 - Behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.
You could make paper footprints and write one of these verses on each footprint. Mail them to your grandchildren (no matter their age) and ask parents of your younger grandchildren to hide the footprints, so your young grandchildren may find them. Then connect to read the verses together and talk about how God is with them - at all times, but especially now.
Look for the ways Jesus shows He is with you - look for His footprints. When you find them - and you will - share with others . . . this is encouraging at all times, but especially now and is a very important part of handing down the faith.
#grandmas #handingdownthefaith #itmatterswhatwedo #grandparentingonpurpose