It is obvious these times together will be enjoyed - there are many things to celebrate - June 14th is Children's Day, June 21st is Father's Day, July 4th is Independence Day, your family may have birthdays and/or anniversaries to celebrate - oh yes, there will be opportunities to gather, celebrate, and laugh together as a family. Consider some of the following ideas to make these times even more enjoyable . . .
- Get out the sprinklers and some plastic tarp and make your own splash pad and slip-n-slide. Have fun together, see who is able to slide the farthest, and take lots of photos.
- Bring out the squirt guns - I know my grandchildren love making me a target! We always have lots of laughing together when the squirt guns come out! Take photos!
- Challenge everyone to bring two of their funniest jokes with them to the get-together - share the jokes, laugh, and give an award of something silly to the one with the funniest joke.
- Have a dance-off - play fun music and let everyone show their best moves - take photos!
- Surprise everyone with a pie eating contest - absolutely have your cameras rolling!
#grandmas #handingdownthefaith #itmatterswhatwedo #grandparentingonpurpose