- Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. - Philippians 4:6
- Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. - Mark 11:24
- Call to me and I will answer you, and will tell you great and hidden things that you have not known. - Jeremiah 33:3
- First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way. This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. - 1 Timothy 2:1-4
- If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land. - 2 Chronicles 7:14
- The Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth. - Psalm 145:18
The truth about prayer is something in which we are able to find great comfort, and it is something we are absolutely able to teach and model to our grandchildren. If we want them to grow to be people who pray, we need to model what it looks like to pray and we need to teach them how to pray. June 14, 2020 is Children's Day - yes, it is a real holiday, and observations in the United States predate both Mother’s and Father’s Day. The day to celebrate children dates from the 1860s and earlier. The website - nationalchildrensday.us says; "American families and the entire country need this day to love, evaluate, and commit to the betterment of our children." The idea behind this special day is for parents, grandparents, and churches to commit to teaching children about God. This year consider giving the children you love who are ages four through fourteen the book Praying Deeper Through the Psalms for Children - you will find information about it at this link. What could be a better gift than giving children a tool to help them learn to talk with God.
And as you spend time in prayer today, consider these additional quotes . . .
“The fight for the hearts, minds and souls of our grandchildren will arise from courageous and persistent grandparents who make much of Christ on their feet and pray fervently on their knees” -
“The greatest gift we can give our grandchildren is the gift of a praying grandparent” - Church Relations Coordinator for the Christian Grandparenting Network, Author of Grandparenting with a Purpose ,
“Prayer is our first step toward leaving our children, grandchildren and future generations a legacy of faith” - Sherry Schumann, Director of Prayer Ministries for the Christian Grandparenting Network, one of our Grandmas with Heart, and Author of Prayers that Stir the Hearts of Grandparents
“There is no greater gift we can give to our grandchildren, and no stronger weapon we can wield on their behalf, than our prayers. When we pray, eternity-impacting power is unleashed upon their lives” - Prayer Resources Coordinator for the Christian Grandparenting Network,#grandmas #handingdownthefaith #itmatterswhatwedo #grandparentingonpurpose