However; grandmas are not the only ones who feel this way - yes, grandpas and parents, too, love and enjoy the children God has given to them, but they are not the only ones. Jesus loves the children.
Look what we see in the Bible . . .
- See that you do not despise one of these little ones. For I tell you that in heaven their angels always see the face of my Father who is in heaven. - Matthew 18:10
- And they were bringing children to him that he might touch them, and the disciples rebuked them. But when Jesus saw it, he was indignant and said to them, “Let the children come to me; do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of God. Truly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child shall not enter it.” And he took them in his arms and blessed them. - Mark 10:13-16
- But Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven.” - Matthew 19:14
- Now they were bringing even infants to him that he might touch them. And when the disciples saw it, they rebuked them. But Jesus called them to him, saying, “Let the children come to me, and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of God. Truly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child shall not enter it.” - Luke 18:15-17
- Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them! - Psalm 127:3,4
- Grandchildren are the crown of the aged, and the glory of children is their fathers. - Proverbs 17:6
#grandmas #handingdownthefaith #itmatterswhatwedo #grandparentingonpurpose