Whether we, or someone we love, have felt alone and sad, and have despaired or not, we all have parts of our lives where we feel broken and confused at times - this time of staying away from others, may make these feelings stronger. Be sure to remind the ones you love of how much God loves them and how much you love them. Show your love in practical ways -
- Ask questions to find out how they are doing (especially with stay-at-home orders.)
- Ask if the grandchildren might be able to spend extra time at your house to give their tired parents a break.
- Connect with grandchildren who may be deeply missing their friends, school, church, and other activities.
- Ask if it is okay for you to bring them a meal - or invite them over for something you know they will enjoy.
- Ask for prayer requests and be certain to pray - then follow up to see how God is answering.
- And if they are not currently walking with God, be even more certain to show your love in practical ways.
#grandmas #handingdownthefaith #itmatterswhatwedo #grandparentingonpurpose