It is for this reason we are most able to make a significant difference in the lives of these children . . . while they are young, and throughout their lives. We do not need "credentials", degrees or anything other than hearts which truly care and love these children to make the most difference.
So, let your "concern", your care show in the following ways . . .
- By being the person they are able to depend upon to listen to them, no matter what. Put away your tech and listen, truly listen to your grandchildren. This is a big way to show you care.
- By being the person who they know prays for them - morning, noon and even in the wee hours of the night. Pray for and with them, ask them for prayer requests and celebrate answers to prayer with them.
- By being the person who models what it looks like to know, walk and talk with God.
- By being the person who helps them learn to pray.
- By connecting regularly with them - in person and through tech.
- By being committed to building a strong, loving relationship with them.
#grandmas #handingdownthefaith #itmatterswhatwedo #grandparentingonpurpose