As grandmas (and grandpas, too) who want to see the children God has entrusted to us make the choice to love, know, and walk with Him, we know we need to be involved on purpose with them and focused upon handing down confident faith. But, we may not always know how to do this. Well, take heart! God tells us exactly what He wants us to do! Look at these verses in Deuteronomy 6 -
God tells us to . . .
- First of all, know the truth . . . God is the only true God. We need to know this truth, take it to heart, and believe it with our all. We are not able to hand down a confident faith if we do not have a confident faith.
- Love God with all our heart, soul, and strength. Our day-in-day-out lives should show we love God with our all. If we do not, how will we ever help the ones we love to do this?
- Memorize God's Word. We need to love and know God's Word. It needs to matter to us, guide the things we do and say, and be the standard for our own lives if we are going to help the ones we love learn to love and know God's Word.
- Tell God's Word to the ones we love over and over again. We need to share verses/passages which God uses to touch our hearts and lives and we need to teach His Word - without stopping. There are resources available to help you do this. Find them. Use them. This matters. (Look in our Bookstore at this link for the "Life on the Goldilocks Planet" Curriculum Series and Cultivate the Faith, and at this link for Generations Quest as they will provide what you need to tell God's Word to the ones you love.)
- Talk about God's Word all the time in your day-in-day-out lives. Be watching for God's "fingerprints" in your life and tell what He is doing, and has done, so the ones you love know Who God is.