- As many have mentioned, use your tech to enjoy your dinner together - from a distance through zoom, google meet, facebook, etc. Put your tech at your dinner table, connect and enjoy the conversations as you all eat your Thanksgiving dinner.
- Send a package today filled with items to help your family focus upon the many blessings you have - even with covid. You could include journals, pens, a blessings jar, a thankful Thanksgiving tablecloth, and of course - some of your cookies!
- Be sure to take and share photos!
- Pray about the thing you should share as everyone talks about what they are thankful about - give it thought, prayer, consideration.
- Use tech to play a game together, decorate your Christmas trees, to connect after the meal and build memories.
Monday, November 23, 2020
Make it a Thanksgiving to Remember
In just a few days we will be celebrating Thanksgiving - although this year nearly all of us may end up celebrating as if we were all grandparents separated by distance due to covid. While this will be a very different and difficult thing for many, it is still an opportunity for us to model grace, joy, peace, and obedience - and in so doing teach very important messages . . . especially if we do this with some creativity, imagination, and fun! Consider the following . . .
These are just a few ideas of ways you are able to connect this Thanksgiving - even from a distance. Yes, for many this will be a different, and difficult Thanksgiving, but it is also possible for it to be a wonderful Thanksgiving. Don't miss it. Plan for it. Pray for it. Make it a Thanksgiving to remember!
Welcome to "Grandmas with Heart"! We (Linda Ranson Jacobs, Debbie Guinn, Joani Schultz, Sherry Schumann, Nohemi Murray, Cathy Ja...
Recently during my grandsons' weekly sleepover I made cookies. My youngest grandson "sneaked" a fresh baked cookie and said;...
A few days ago I shared the link where you will find Deeper In 4 Grandparents & Parents, Too! Praying the Scriptures for the Children Yo...
Linda Ransom Jacobs is one of our "Grandmas with Heart". You may know her from DC4K - Divorce Care 4 Kids. This morning she sent m...