I appreciate this quote from Rick Warren - "When we play with our grands, it brings glory to God. So don't think glory to God is simply serious. There is glory to God in laughter." While the Bible does not say; "And Jesus was not boring", we know He was not because children wanted to spend time with Him - and He stopped what He was doing with adults to spend time with children.
So, we grandmas (grandpas and parents, too) must not be boring either. We need to be people who have fun with the children we love. When we do this we build a strong relationship with them and this is something which absolutely matters.
Certainly having a well-stocked game shelf is one way we are able to have fun, but today I want to share with you some extra ideas for having fun with the children you love - celebrate fun and silly days. Look at the following . . .
- Today, February 9th is National Pizza Day
- February 18th is Eat Ice Cream for Breakfast Day!
- The month of February is Bake for Family fun Month
- March 2nd is Dr. Seuss Day and Banana Cream Pie Day
- March 19th is International Read to Me Day
- March 25th is Waffle Day
- The month of March is Craft Month
- April 3rd is Pillow Fight Day
- April 18th is Piñata Day
- April 30th is Oatmeal Cookie Day